- ARPDAUPosted 258 days ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 300 days ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 352 days ago
Social Games Summit Stats
The Social Games Summit last month was packed full of juicy stats. Take a look at some of the most interesting and useful figures below.
Conversion and average spend
- 13% of the virtual currency earned in myYearbook is purchased by subscription. 3% of myYearbook players are monetized (Geoff Cook).
- Joost Van Dreunen, managing director of SuperData, said that a conversion rate of 2-10% is reasonable. Martin Koppell said that on mobile apps, each additional step required between choosing to buy an IAP and actually completing payment reduces conversion by 15%. Read more about conversion rates.
- myYearbook has 34% engagement and 1$ ARPU (Geoff Cook). Read more about engagement.
Kingdoms of Camelot by Kabam has an ARPDA $15This figure seems too high
- Mobile users are currently worth 15% the ARPU of a web user. The Online Games Spreadsheet tracks ARPPU.
Users and acquisition
- On Kixeye the cost per acquisition is $4. Learn how to keep your CPA down.
- Raf Keustermanns of Plumbee claims that any dev should expect to lose 96% of their user base within 12 months – be sure to maximise your retention.
- Dan Borthwick of EA says that Sims Social has 60 million monthly active users. Read more about monthly active users.
Social games market size
- The virtual goods market is worth $6 billion globally (source: Inside Network annual report)
- The cost of performance advertising is set to rise from $2.1 billion to $8.3 billion in the next 3 1/2 years – Lloyd Melnick, 519 Games.
- 40% of usage time of Facebook is spent on social games. (Peter Wexler)
- Over 300 million users play social games every month. (Peter Wexler)
- Every second 50,000+ items are sold using Facebook credits. (Peter Wexler)