- ARPDAUPosted 4 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 4 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 4 years ago
Would this make you buy GAMESbrief Unplugged: Volume 2
Last week, I asked for some advice on the blurb on the back of Volume 2 of GAMESbrief Unplugged.
The feedback was universal. Stop being so bloody negative.
So here is my next attempt. I like it. If this would make you buy the book, please let me know by clicking on the Like button.
Thank you to everyone who helped, commented and gave me feedback. You know who you are.
* * *
Making money from games in the twenty-first century
Nicholas Lovell helps companies make money from games. Working with clients ranging from tiny startups to traditional publishers, he helps them understand emerging platforms (Apple’s iOS, Google Android, browser-based, online) and navigate new business models with a particular focus on profiting from the power of free.
In this second volume of Nicholas’s provocative and incisive analysis, you will learn:
- How ngMoco, Jagex and Bigpoint built businesses worth hundreds of millions of dollars on the power of free
- How in-app purchases can transform your businesses revenues and profits
- Why the games industry is fragmenting into three parts, and where you fit in the new world order
- Where a company with $100 million of venture backing lost their way, and how to avoid their mistakes
- What the new online business models mean for the hardware market, for retail and for traditional publishers
If you want to ride the wave of online games, weather the transition to free and become a successful, profitable games business, you need to read this book.
This is Volume 2 of GAMESbrief Unplugged: an edited, curated collection of the best of GAMESbrief, covering traditional publishing and development, retail, the role of traditional media and the emergence of free as a winning price point.