- ARPDAUPosted 4 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 4 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 4 years ago
The back of GAMESbrief unplugged, vol 1
Thanks to everyone who commented on my original blurb for the first of three volumes of the “Best of GAMESbrief”. I have redrafted it, and here is the new version.
What do you think?
GAMESbrief Unplugged – Volume 1 on copyright, politics and opinion
Read this book for a biting analysis of the games’ industry’s most burning issues as it gets knocked from pillar to post by digital transition and the pressure of free content. Inside, you will find out:
- Why there has never been a better time to be game developer
- Which ten companies are doomed to failure
- How video game tax credits are short-term gain for long-term pain
- Why EMI’s decision to enforce copyright over a parody of Empire, State of Mind was stupid
All these questions and more are discussed with brutal frankness by Nicholas Lovell, author of the acclaimed GAMESbrief blog.
This is Volume 1 of GAMESbrief Unplugged, an edited, curated collection of the best of GAMESbrief, covering copyright, politics, taxation, and opinions on everything from microtransactions to why games don’t cause rickets.
Praise for GAMESbrief
“Relevant, perceptive and concise” – Philip Oliver, CEO, Blitz Games Studios
“An unending source of industry wisdom and intelligent comment” – Charles Cecil, CEO, Revolution Software
“Well-researched and topical” – Paul Farley, CEO, TAG Games