- ARPDAUPosted 5 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 5 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 5 years ago
PC advertising revenues already $800 million, say PC Gaming Alliance
The PC Gaming Alliance has published a report saying that the PC is the biggest platform in the world, worth almost $11 billion.
Well, they would, wouldn’t they.
Nevertheless the report, commisioned by the organisation that was created to champion the PC gaming platform, was written by DFC Intelligence, has some interesting insights. I found the table based on 2007 data (and reproduced below) fascinating. In particular:
- Asia dominates the PC market, and 98% of that revenue is from online (including subscriptions, digital download payments and advertising)
- Global PC-only ad-revenue was $792 million in 2007. That’s a much bigger number than I was expecting
- Europe is a bigger market for PC in all areas except in-game advertising.
|PC Online revenue||$776||$860||$134||$2,999||$4,769|
|PC Digital Distribution Rev.||$450||$569||$120||$783||$1,922|
|PC Ad revenue||$222||$170||$42||$358||$792|
You can download The PCGA Presents: The PC Gaming Industry in 2008 here.