- ARPDAUPosted 4 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 4 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 5 years ago
Beating Piracy is about making people *WANT* to Pay
Robert Florence wrote an interesting piece on piracy on Eurogamer. I think it is broadly right, although some people have commented on his "staggering sense of entitlement".
The most useful bit for me was this six stage decision tree.
1. HERE IS A THING I LIKE
2. DO I WANT IT? (YES)
3. DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT? (NO)
4. DO I WANT TO PAY FOR IT? (YES/NO)
5. YES: PAY FOR IT
6. NO: JUST TAKE IT FOR FREE
Robert says that publishers should stop trying to fix #6, and focus on #4 instead. I totally agree. What do you think?