- ARPDAUPosted 5 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 5 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 5 years ago
Metrics, Benchmarks and buckets of money
I was asked to give a talk at Game Connection by Chris Kingsley of Rebellion (well, actually, he asked me to submit a proposal to the advisory board). His main beef: “not enough people put actual numbers in their talks about free-to-play business models”.
I’ve tried very hard to put hard numbers in this one. It’s based on the GAMESbrief free-to-play forecasting spreadsheet, but I also cover the broad topics that I will talk about in 52 Game Design Secrets.
In a nutshell:
- Your games business is now a funnel where you acquire customers at the top, Retain them in the middle and Monetise them at the bottom. (See ARM yourself)
- Metrics are no use if you don’t use them to make decisions
- Keep it simple: fewer metrics that you actually use are better than lots that you don’t.
You can view the full presentation below.