- ARPDAUPosted 4 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 4 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 4 years ago
What will you achieve in 2011?
Over Christmas, I sat down and wrote a list of things I was proud of in 2010
- Wrote and self-published How to Publish a Game, achieving sales that were double my target
- Had articles published in Edge, Wired and Develop
- Had a baby (Lucy, sister to Alasdair)
- Saw the launch of Stronghold Kingdoms, a free-to-play MMO I’ve been working on for over two years
- Had my first RPG supplement published, an Age of Sail Pirate Crew for GURPS by Steve Jackson Games
- Relaunched GAMESbrief in a short blog style (with lots of help from Tom Hart)
- Confirmed my options in Channelflip, a company that represents the future of television entertainment
- Worked with nDreams as it went from from strength to strength
- Advised fantastic clients including Firefly Studios, Dynamo Games, Square Enix, Eden and IPC
- Joined the Gerson Lehrman Group expert network and had a score of fascinating consultations with clients
- Wrote over 250,000 words for GAMESbrief, How to Publish a Game, my next book and a variety of other publications
- Gave a speech at the Edinburgh Interactive Festival that inspired me and has set my course for the next 12 months
- Had fun
I’ve had some regrets. I haven’t played enough games, done enough sailing, or completed a number of projects. All things I plan to rectify in 2011.
How about you? Did you ship anything out of the door? Complete something that was important to you? Learn something new?
I hope so. If not, there’s always 2011.