- ARPDAUPosted 5 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 5 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 5 years ago
12% of Americans have bought virtual goods in the last 12 months
There are some interesting takeaways:
- The biggest categories of spender, where over 15% of respondents had bought virtual goods were:
- Males aged 12-17 and 18-24
- Females aged 12-17, 25-34 and 35-44.
- Woman aged 18-24 and older men were the least likely to have spent money
- Console gamers were the least likely to have bought virtual goods (although to be fair, this may be due to lack of opportunity)
- The average transaction value was $30, while 15% of respondents said that they spent more than $100
Those figures are reassuring to all of those companies trying to make headway in the new world of “freemium” gaming.