- ARPDAUPosted 5 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 5 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 5 years ago
Interview with Todd Hollenshead: QuakeLive, OnLive and Wolfenstein for iPhone
Venturebeat has just posted an interview with id CEO Todd Hollenshead. The key takeaways:
- John Carmack knocked up Wolfenstein 3D Classic for iPhone in two weeks. It wasn’t announced (Hollenshead didn’t even know Carmack was working on it) but someone found it and started shouting. It’s available for $4.99
- QuakeLive gets 30% of its players from the US then, in order, Germany, the UK and Poland. Hollenshead said that Russia, China and Japan are also important, although he doesn’t think id “sold a single copy in Russia or China”. Interesting question: will QuakeLive make like Last.fm, offering the service for free in countries that advertisers will fund (like the US, UK and Germany) but charge for it elsewhere?
- On OnLive, Hollenshead comments: “We’re worried about latency streaming data off a Blu-ray disk for a PlayStation 3. That doesn’t have to go over the Internet.” In other words, from id’s point of view, the latency issues will be, unsurprisingly, a big concern.
You can check out the full article at Venturebeat.