- ARPDAUPosted 2 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 2 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 2 years ago
How much are Tablet users spending on Virtual Goods? ABout $62
Magid Associates have released their latest gaming trends research (although 10 minutes of Googling and I still can’t find the original. I’m relying on GamesIndustry.biz’s write-up).
The key stats that leaped out at me:
Where are the active gamers (%age playing games on a platform in a week):
- 50% played console games at least once a week
- 44% played mobile games at least once a week
- 37% played social games
- 24% played handheld games
Where is the money on new platforms?
- Tablets: The average tablet gamer downloaded 20+ apps last year, and 23% of them are paying for virtual goods, averaging $62 per spender
- Smartphones: The average smartphone gamer downloading 10+ games last year and 14% of them are paying for virtual goods, averaging $25 per spender.
Note that these appear to be “self-reported” numbers, which can be very unreliable.
More details over at GamesIndustry.biz.