- ARPDAUPosted 5 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 5 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 5 years ago
I think I was wrong about the iPad
Nic Brisbourne over at The Equity Kicker just blogged that “the iPad has had the fastest adoption rate of any consumer electronics ever”.
- It took jut 80 days to sell 3 million iPads
- It is currently selling 4.5 million units per quarter
- That compares with 1 million iPhones in its first quarter and 350,000 DVDs in its first year
But more than that, I think I’m wrong because I want one.
I was looking at my RSS feeds the other day. It’s unsatisfying on a computer (too uncomfortable, too many other things you could be doing). It’s unsatisfying on my phone (too small).
I thought to myself “What I really need is a touch screen device that is easy to use, can show me all of these feeds and that’s bigger than my phone. If only someone made such a thing”
OK, so I haven’t bought an iPad yet. (My anti-Apple stance will take longer to crack, plus there’s that £469 price tag).
But for about the first time ever, I think I might buy an Apple product.
And if Apple can convert me, I reckon they can convert anyone.