- ARPDAUPosted 4 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 4 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 4 years ago
A full-day masterclass on social games with me – FREE if you’re from the North West
I’m working with Vision + Media, the digital and creative agency for the North West, to deliver a free masterclass on Making money from social games.
It’s a full day course on the theory and practice of making money from social games. I’ve taught it very successfully before (100% of attendees on the last day said that they would recommend the course to a colleague), and I’m really looking forward to doing it again.
It’s not just for games companies though. Anyone from the creative industries in the North-West are welcome to come: marketing agencies, TV production, games developers, you name it.
And did I mention it was free?
I’ll be teaching this masterclass at Studio 2, Parr Street Studios, Liverpool on Friday 9th July 2010 from 9:30am to 5:00pm. Places on this masterclass are extremely limited and so places are restricted to no more than 2 per company.
The full details of the event are below. To book your place, head over to the Eventbrite page.
Games are evolving from products to services and that changes everything about them. How they are designed, how they are marketed, how they make money. Traditional game developers can thrive in this new order, but only if they understand how to acquire customers, use the game itself to create compulsion loops that drive gamers to come back frequently and know what psychological triggers can drive a gamer to spend money on virtual goods.
This one day course will cover:
- FARM-ing your customers: By Focusing on Acquisition, Retention, Monetisation, developers can rapidly build successful, profitable games
- The six routes to compliance: Ways to make gamers enjoy building your business and spending money with you
- Case studies: Learn from the successes and – more importantly – the failures of others
- How social games are not just Facebook: Discover alternative routes to market and ways to generate substantial revenue
During the day, delegates will:
- Improve their revenue potential by learning about seven different revenue streams
- Learn how to increase margins through reduced customer acquisition cost and improved virality
- Discover new ways to distribute and make money from their games.