- ARPDAUPosted 3 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 4 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 4 years ago
‘How To Make Money From Social Gaming’ Workshop on 31st March, Newcastle
I enjoyed the Masterclass on How to Publish a Game so much that I’m doing another course.
This one is focused on social games. It’s in Newcastle on Wednesday 31st March (that’s in two days time) and it’s in association with Codeworks Gamehorizon.
There are more spaces (free to Codework’s members), so come along. It would be good to see you.)
Title: Making Money From Social Gaming
Date: 31st March
Venue: The Thistle County Hotel, Newcastle
Time: 09:00 – 17:00
Cost: Fully subsidised for members, £200 for non members
Social games were the talk of GDC. Games are evolving from products to services and that changes everything about them. How they are designed, how they are marketed, how they make money. Traditional game developers can thrive in this new order, but only if they understand how to acquire customers, use the game itself to create compulsion loops that drive gamers to come back frequently and know what psychological triggers can drive a gamer to spend money on virtual goods.
This one day course will cover:
- FARM-ing your customers: By Focusing on Acquisition, Retention, Monetisation, developers can rapidly build successful, profitable games
- The six routes to compliance: Ways to make gamers enjoy building your business and spending money with you
- Case studies: Learn from the successes and – more importantly – the failures of others
- How social games are not just Facebook: Discover alternative routes to market and ways to generate substantial revenue
During the day, delegates will:
- Improve their revenue potential by learning about seven different revenue streams
- Learn how to increase margins through reduced customer acquisition cost and improved virality
- Discover new ways to distribute and make money from their games.
Your course leader
Nicholas Lovell is a games industry consultant who provides strategic and online marketing advice to clients including Firefly, Rebellion, Atari, ChannelFlip and Huddle.net. He is a non-executive director at developer nDreams and writes on a blog on the games industry at www.gamesbrief.com. He also teaches Masterclasses in “How to Make Money From Self-Publishing”. He is currently working on an MMO, several Facebook games and a comic book.
How to book
Contact [email protected] to book your place. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis, so get in touch now to reserve a place.