- ARPDAUPosted 255 days ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 297 days ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 349 days ago
Zavvi saga over – 446 more job losses
The administration of Zavvi is finally over.
MCV reports that the last Zavvi stores on the High Street will shut next week. There have been some rescues:
- Five stores sold to Head Entertainment, a new venture from former senior executives at Zavvi
- A further five stores sold to HMV, raising the total to 19 (subject to clearance from the Competition Commission)
- In total, the administrator claims to have saved 629 jobs.
446 more jobs added to the Job Loss Tracker.
About Nicholas LovellAs well as founding Gamesbrief, Nicholas is a consultant to the games industry on online and corporate strategy and financial matters. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org Following a decade long financial career in the City of London, Nicholas founded Lodestar Partners, a corporate finance boutique that focused exclusively on the games industry. From 2006 to 2008, Nicholas was CEO of GameShadow, a games website and patching engine. He is a non-executive director of developer nDreams and provides consultancy services to a number of companies including Firefly and Huddle.
Sign up to receive our
blog posts by email
Why I haven’t bought Frozen Synapse on iPad for £4.99 yet
Frozen Synapse from Mode 7 Games is by all...
- Posted 2 days ago
ARPDAUs, conversion rates and other new datapoints
I’ve been busy updating Gamesbrief’s Free-to-Play Spreadsheet benchmark pages...
- Posted 68 days ago
50 questions: Should I let my lawyer negotiate the deal?
"Going toe-to-toe with an experienced venture capitalist negotiating on...
- Posted 388 days ago