- ARPDAUPosted 5 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 5 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 5 years ago
UPDATE: Microsoft games losses confirmed
Multiple sources are confirming that Microsoft has already starting making cuts as part of its initial 1,400 layoffs:
- Venturebeat reports that Chris Early, general manager of Games for Windows Live, the online gaming service for gamers who play on personal computers has gone
- IGN confirms that the ACES Studio has been closed, although they claim that they are committed to the Flight Simulator franchise. UPDATE: Sources suggest approximately 95 people were laid off at ACES.
- Venturebeat also reports a rumour that 30% of Microsoft’s game testers have been made redundant.
It looks as if a reasonable proportion of the 1,400 job losses may have fallen onto games. We’re still digging to get the right number to add to the job loss tracker.