- ARPDAUPosted 4 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 4 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 5 years ago
Get the UK government to pay for 50% of your GAMESbrief courses
You must apply for Skillset funding before buying your masterclass tickets. When funding is confirmed, you can book with the link below:
With apologies to the many international readers of GAMESbrief, the rest of this post is particularly aimed at development studios, game makers and freelancers based in the UK.
The UK government wants to support the creative industries. One of the ways it can do this is through providing training, and it has particularly identified digital publishing skills and advanced business techniques as areas it wants to support.
I’m delighted to say that GAMESbrief’s masterclasses on How to make money from Free-to-Play games are now approved training courses and can be part funded by Creative Skillset‘s Skills Investment Fund.
The deal that the Skills Investment Fund offers is generous. It will pay 50% of the cost of the training. There are two versions of the masterclass on offer:
- A full day in-house training for up to 25 people. (£5,000 + VAT and travel expenses.)
- A single delegate at a commercial masterclass (£500 + VAT)
Creative Skillset will fund 50 per cent of the basic cost provided you meet the following criteria:
- EITHER you are a games company:
- a games developer (a company who creates games)
- a games publisher (a company who commissions games)
- a games service company (a company who supports the production of games)
- a games distributor (a company who is involved in promoting, selling and the commercialisation of games and/or interactive entertainment)
- OR you are a games freelancer who can demonstrate proven professional experience working within the UK games industry.
- You are based in the UK.
- The training does NOT have to take place in the UK. We will shortly be announcing a masterclass in San Francisco on Sunday 16th March, the day before GDC, for example, and if you are a UK developer attending GDC, Creative Skillset would fund 50% of your delegate fee.
- Creative Skillset will not pay for travel.
If you are interested in this scheme:
- Visit http://creativeskillset.org/funding/SIF/Approvedtraining/ to apply.
- You must apply before buying tickets. Skillset will let you know if the funding is approved within two weeks.
- Contact me about either an in-house masterclass or to let me know that you are interested in a place on a delegate-based masterclass.
The next masterclass will take place in San Francisco, and we have not fixed the date or location of the next one based in the UK. It could be in London, in Brighton around the time of Develop or anywhere in the UK where there is sufficient demand. Do let me know.
I am very excited that Creative Skillset has chosen to help support British developers become proficient in the tools and techniques of free-to-play games design. I do hope that you will take them up on their matched funding offer.