- ARPDAUPosted 4 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 4 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 4 years ago
Every moment of every day, 2 million Chinese people are playing games
If you ever doubted that China is the mainstay of online gaming, the Financial Times dispelled it this morning.
- 2 million young Chinese playing games at any moment
- 64 per cent. of all Chinese Internet users are gamers (that’s 217 million people)
- China is expected to generate half of all online revenues by 2012, generating $6 billion
The full article is interesting, but the most illuminating point was deeply ambiguous:
Does that mean that China analysts are saying that Chinese online games companies should be thinking about charging for buying a CD? I suspect not, and the FT article is misleading.
But if so, it would be an irony if the Western was galloping headlong towards the Chinese model while the Chinese are trying to get their online products into boxes.