- ARPDAUPosted 3 years ago
- What’s an impressive conversion rate? And other stats updatesPosted 3 years ago
- Your quick guide to metricsPosted 3 years ago
Playfish and MindCandy make the Guardian Tech Top 10 – 6 more games firms in the top 100
The Guardian has released its “top 100 tech media companies” (whatever a tech media company is…)
Playfish and MindCandy both make the top 10. Congratulations to Kristian Segerstrale and Michael Acton Smith and their respective teams. It’s great to see new business models in games getting such traction and attention.
The games industry is recognised throughout the list. Further congratulations to:
- CyberSports, London: Integrated 3D virtual multi-player/online gaming
- Eutechnyx, Gateshead: Video games developer specialising in driving and racing games
- Introversion Software, London: Video games creator/ publisher
- New Concept Gaming, Liverpool: Motion control products promoting healthy and fun video gaming
- Realtime Worlds, Dundee: Software for entertainment sector
- Splash Damage, Bromley: Video games developer
So the list contains three traditional developers, one publisher/developer, one hardware company and three web-based businesses.
An accurate reflection of the games market? Too forward-looking? Too backward looking?
What do you think, and more importantly, who do you think was overlooked?